Small speakers for your desk are a great way to enjoy music, podcasts, and other audio content without taking up too much space. Whether it’s in the office or at home, a small speaker can provide great sound quality in an unobtrusive package. If you’re looking for a portable yet powerful speaker, Tronsmart Studio offers a great solution.
In this review, we’ll take a closer look at the Tronsmart Studio and its features. We’ll discuss its design, sound quality, and connectivity options to give you a better idea of how it performs.
Design and Build
The first time I saw Tronsmart Studio, I was amazed by its elegant and minimalist design. The speaker is finished with a brushed aluminum finish that looks stunning, giving it a premium feel.
The size of the speaker is also incredibly compact, making it perfect for placement in any setting. The sound is delivered by two full-range drivers and a bass radiator for an immersive 2.1 channel audio experience. The weight of the speaker is also pleasantly light, making it easy to carry around and transport.
- At the top of the Tronsmart Studio, there are two rows of buttons and LED indicators. It includes buttons for power, volume up/down, pause/play/skip, Bluetooth, and LED indicators to indicate battery life and charging status, a voice assistant button, and more.
- The back and front of the device are covered with a metal speaker grille, giving the product an even more sophisticated look. This grille is made from hardened aluminum alloy and provides protection against dust and water, ensuring the sound quality remains optimal. T
- On the right-hand side of the Tronsmart Studio’s back is an area containing different connectivity options. It has a USB-C charging port for fast power up and quick charging times, with an average charge time of 3-3.5 hours from empty. Additionally, there is a 3.5mm AUX jack for wired connections and a microSD card slot for audio playback.
The Tronsmart Studio features the ability to sync audio across more than 100 speakers for a truly immersive experience. It easily connects to your devices via Bluetooth 5.0, allowing for a transmission distance of up to ten meters.
The Tronsmart Studio is incredibly easy to connect to various devices such as an iPhone, PC, or Macbook.
I was able to easily connect the speaker with no problems. It also automatically remembers the devices you have connected and pairs quickly, allowing you to enjoy your music without any setup hassle.
The 3.5mm AUX-in and microSD slot provide additional ways to connect and play your music. The Tronsmart Studio speaker is IPX4-rated for dust and water resistance, making it perfect for any situation.
The Tronsmart Studio is an impressive and compact speaker that packs a powerful punch; I was truly impressed with the sound quality it produces. The bass is deep and powerful, while the mids are clear and detailed.
There are eight EQ mode presets to choose from, so you can easily adjust the sound to your liking. You can use a button on the top or an app to switch between these EQ modes. Moreover, the True Wireless Stereo (TWS) technology enables you to sync two speakers together for an even more powerful sound.
Battery and Charging
The built-in 4,000 mAh battery provides up to 15 hours of playback at 50% volume and can be fully charged in as little as 3.5 hours via USB Type-C. However, the battery runs out much faster when played at full volume. I hope that Tronsmart could improve the battery life in a future update or in a new version.
Price and Value
The Tronsmart Studio is priced at an average of $74 to $81, making it an affordable and great value for a portable speaker with such outstanding sound quality. For me, the price was worth it, considering what it offers – excellent sound quality, Bluetooth 5.0 technology, and a rugged aluminum chassis.
What’s in the box
The Tronsmart Studio Bluetooth Speaker comes with a range of gear in the box to get you up and running quickly. Included are a Type-C Charging Cable, an Aux Cable for connecting your device, a SoundPulse Card, a Warranty Card, and a User Manual so you can keep track of your product. It also comes with an 18-month warranty in case something goes wrong with the speaker.
Battery Capacity: 4000 mAh
Charging Time: 3-3.5 hours
Connectors: AUX-in, USB Type-C, microSD slot
Transmission Distance: 10 meters
Power Output: 30 Watts
Frequency Range: 60 Hz-20 kHz
Certification: IPX4 water and dust protection
App support: Yes
Voice Assistant: Yes
Dimenions: 206.5×70.0x58.0 mm
Weight: 961 g
Warranty: 18 months
- Good build quality
- Stylish aluminum grille for extra durability
- Connects easily to various devices
- Eight EQ mode presets
- IPX4 dust and water resistance rating
- USB-C charging
- App control
- Reduced battery when played at full volume
- It's hard to read the buttons at the top